Aims & Objectives
The aims and objects of the Institute shall be
- To establish a Health Sciences Institute of high standard for producing graduate and postgraduate manpower in basic biomedical sciences, clinical sciences, allied health sciences and nursing
- To promote the use of specialized health scientists in the BIHS and the country
- To provide teaching, training and guidance in order to prepare candidates for the degree of Master of Science (MSc), Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, Bachelor of Dental Medicine & Surgery, Master of Philosophy (MPhil), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine/ Master of Surgery (MM/MS) in allied health science of the University.
- To provide courses leading to postgraduate degrees related to basic biomedical sciences, clinical sciences, para clinical sciences, allied health sciences and nursing.
- To provide training to students, teachers, officers and employees of the BIHS in relevant fields of allied health sciences.
- To provide short term courses and training to interested and qualified persons from outside the BIHS in relevant fields of allied health sciences.
- To provide consulting and advisory services to the BIHS and other educational institutions, the Government of Bangladesh, NGO’s, private and public sector corporations industries and all other organizations which seek such assistance.
- To undertake research project on allied health sciences sponsored by public and private organization independently or in collaboration with national or international organization.
- To publish health information both of fundamental and applied interest.
- To organize symposium, seminars and conference in health sciences to promote health research and to disseminate knowledge in health sciences.